7-day Minor Cyclades Sailing Tour
It is a combination of some busy islands, like Naxos, with some tiny, quiet places of Small Cyclades island complex(Koufonisia, Schinoussa, and Iraklia).
Here you will meet the real Cyclades!
Minor Cyclades sailing tour is our favorite tour for your chartered trip with skipper, and is working pretty well especially when the meltemi‘s presence is remarkable
- the sailing legs are not very long, ideal for the beginners or for families with kids, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy your sailing cruise, swimming and relaxing under the summer sun.
- the early arrivals at the islands give you the opportunity to walk or drive around in order to explore the unique scenery.
- Islands hopping: Paros – Naxos(or Paros – Piso Livadi) – Kalando – Koufonisia – Amorgos – Iraklia – Antiparos – Paros
- Duration: 7 days
- Suggested for: Couples and friends sailing, Family Sailing adventure, honeymoon, naturists sailing
- Dates you can do this trip: May, June, July, August, September, October
- Max sailing time per day: 3-4 hours
- Miles in total: 110-120
- Sailboats you can pick:
- Beneteau40 sailboat for rent(2 – 4 guests)
- Sun Odyssey 440 sailboat for rent (up to 6 guests)
- Lagoon39 Catamaran for rent(up to 8 guests)
- 2019 Prices:
Listen the text and easy browse below.
Rent a yacht in Greece with Greek Water Yachts
Interactive Map for Your Sailing Vacations in Minor Cyclades
The check-in at 11:00 and check out at 17:00 is for the Beneteau40 and Beneteau50. The Lagoon39 check-in is at 17:00 and the check out at 09:00
Day 1: Meet your skipper at the Marina cafe at 11:00 and board the sailboat. After the briefing concerning your trip, set sail around Paros for our first destination, Naxos.
Depending on the weather conditions it’s going to take us 3-4 hours sailing trip. Naxos is one of the biggest islands of the Cyclades with great interest and many sightseeing. Don’t miss the sunset at the ancient temple of Apollo, just a few meters away from the marina. Grilled octopus with “ouzo” is a “must” here.
Day 2: Today we are going to sail south following the west coast of Naxos ending up at the most south of the island, at Kalando bay. In the midway, your sailboat will stop at a nice anchorage, Roga, for swimming and lunch.
Kalando is a special place. There is a safe port for the yacht but not a village. It’s an isolated area with a long sandy beach and many kilometers of trails by the seaside, ideal for hiking in the pure nature. For dinner, a primitive kiosk operated by a local shepherd offers BBQ only with local products. Don’t expect luxuries here. For sure it’s going to be your favorite place at the end.
Day 3: Set sail from Kalando heading for Koufonisi. A shortstop before our final destination, at a wonderful spot, called Rina, where you can swim inside a sea cave. Amazing colors everywhere.
Koufonisi is further the most beautiful of the small Cyclades islands with many sandy beaches all around. Rent a bicycle and visit all of them. Dinner at “Captain Nicolas” place is out of any kind of negotiation as well as a frozen mojito at the windmill bar just above the marina.
Day 4: If we have strong wind today we recommend to stay in the area visiting with the sailing yacht the nearby island of Kato Koufonisi and swim in crystal clear waters, snorkeling or go hiking around. The area is very protected from big waves because the huge island of Naxos to the north blocks the wind in order to make our life on board more comfortable. In the afternoon we will return to the same marina at Pano Koufonisi.
An alternative in case that the weather permits us, we will continue our sailing trip to Amorgos, the island of the “Big blue” movie. Rent a car or a bike here to explore the wild beauty of this heaven. Visit the famous monastery with the breathtaking view from its balcony and try “rakomelo”, the local alcoholic drink. Dinner at “Xilokeratidi” is going to be a memorable romantic event by the seaside.
Day 5: Iraklia is another island of the “Small Cyclades” which is worth to be visited especially for those who want to experience tiny, quiet, cute and isolated places, representative of the Greek spirit. So after a short stop for swimming at Antikeros on our way from Amorgos to Iraklia, we will end up at the picturesque port of the island.
Here you can swim to the nearby beach, diving from the yacht and hiking around enjoying the pure nature. Dinner at Iraklia means fresh fishes and the local tavernas more hospitable than anywhere else are ready to fulfill your expectations.
Day 6: Antiparos is the last island of our cruise. After a 4-5 hours sailing trip and of course after the oblate stop for lunch and swimming, we will end up at Antiparos late in the afternoon. Wandering around the small streets of the beautiful village, have dinner in one of the hundreds of restaurants and continue with a drink at one of the locals bars. Nightlife here, especially in high season is a must for everyone.
Day 7: We strongly recommend you before setting sail for our final destination, to visit the cave of Antiparos. Buses are operating just 100 meters away from the yacht. On your return on board, we will leave immediately for a nice anchorage on a small island north of Antiparos with crystal clear water. The afternoon has already come as well as the farewell time at Paros port.
Meet the Islands
Location:The location of the island in center of Cyclades and near Naxos, Ios, Sifnos, Mykonos, Santorini and Syros is ideal for private sailing excursions and trips around at the nearby islands and the connection with the mainland. That’s why Greek Water Yachts offer it’s crewed sailboat rental services in Greece from Paros.
- Panagia Ekatontapiliani in Parikia.
- Naousa (Greek: Νάουσα) is a village in the north eastern corner of the island.
- Lefkes village is in the middle of the island with many nice tavernas, and beautiful alleys.
- Visit as many beaches as you can, don’t stay in one every day.
- take a very nice walk at the old stones of the Byzantine Route down to Prodromos.
Eat – Drink:
Select a place you like and taste:Gouna fish, Local cheese ,Kapari ,Souma ,Ntakos ,Octapus
Alternatively you can arrange with the crew of the sailing boat a Greek dish with local products
Location: Lying just between Paros and lesser Cyclades.
See : Naxos is a popular tourist destination with several easily accessible ruins.
- Portara is a majestic gate of the the Sanctuary and Temple of Apollo made of marble.
- Visit the Melanes village in order to see the giant size statues called Kouroi.
- In chora of Naxos the visitor enjoys the scenery of the middle age in the enetian castle.
- Don’t miss a visit to the stone village Apeiranthos with it characteristic architecture.
- Explore also the cave of Za in the mountainside of Za next to Filoti village.
- Many beaches for any taste. A huge beach from the chora up to Agiasou covers almost the whole west coast.
- A large variety of entertainment facilities consisted of bar, restaurants, clubs, pubs …
- Water sport, diving, horse riding and hiking.
Eat- drink : The famous product of Naxos are potatoes. Of course grilled octopus with ouzo is a must for your dinner. Simple but original tastes origin of the local products like all kinds of meat, fish, a variety of cheese types, olive oil and vegetables offer a unique quality in food. Taste also the special sweets of Naxos and the local citron drink.
Location: They are located at the southeast of Naxos and at west of the Amorgos island. In the same group belongs and the island Keros.
- if we translate exactly the word Koufonissi in English we get ”the deaf island. As soon as you take your first steps on the island you will sense that you are in a different dimension or that paradise really is here.
- you might also walk to Profitis Ilias, which affords an exquisite view to half the island and the surrounding islands.Keros was one of the center of the Cycladic culture (3000 -2000 b.c.), where excavations on the western end yielded priceless finds, including 100 marble figurines.
- swim at the excellent beaches with sparkling aquamarine waters .
- visit the cave of “To Mati Tou Diavolou” (Devils Eye), Gala, and the sea caves at Xylobatis.
- walk all around the islands, it’s the best way to explore the place via small footpaths. It’s also your only opportunity to forget your car and your watch…
Eat – drink : Captainn Nicolas is the best taverna in the Cyclades and with our recommendations you are going to experience the best hospitality.
Location: Lying at the east area of the Archipelagos, at the southeast of Naxos . Amorgos has two ports, Egiali and Katapola. Egiali lies at the north west coast and we recommend you avoid it if there is strong wind. It’s much better to make a day excursion from Katapola with a rental or the local buses.
- the imposing monastery of Hozoviotissa at the east coast offers a breathtaking experience to the pilgrims.
- a short nip of rakomelo, the local drink, at the monastery’s guest lounge will be the perfect choice to enjoy the big deep blue view from that window.
- in Aeigiali you can enjoy the sunset view.
- prekas coffee shop- taverna is a must for a Greek coffee and meze (finger food) with ouzo.
- around the island two places are worth visiting for swimming on anchor. Nikouria, between Egiali and Katapola and Gramvoussa at the south west corner of the island . Nikouria it’s like a big blue lagoon.
- choose among a variety of alternative activities like trekking in the stone paths or join to the local fests.
Eat – Drink: fresh fish, local recipes made by local vegetables, good local wine.
Location: Just opposite Schinoussa and south of Naxos
See : Very interesting is a cave at the south west side of the island, the cave of Agios Georgios, but you have to walk for more than two hours from the port to visit it. The bay of Alimia at the south west coast has a lovely beach and also a sunken battle plane from the second world war , visible from the surface.
Do : Here you can swim to the nearby beach, diving from the yacht and hiking around enjoying the pure nature.
Antiparos in a few words: A very small and beautiful island which has a direct relation with the big sister, Paros.
Location: Very close to the west coast of Paros.
- The Antiparos cave where you can go by bus from the port.
- Despotiko island where there are a lot of archaeological see sights.
- swim at the wonderful beaches all around the island, especially in Agios Georgios beach.
- visit the local festivals during summer.
- many bars, cafe, and clubs for nights that never be forgotten
Eat – Drink: Taste traditional specialties in any type of restaurant you wish.
Make your introductory reservation request to Greek Water Yachts for a journey through the Greek Islands on a skippered charter sailboat by filling out the contact – booking form. We will respond within 24-48 hours.