5 days Small Cyclades tour
If a week sailing charter is too much to fit your vacation schedule, or you just want to try a private sailing cruise, a 5 days short sailing holidays trip provides a great opportunity for the ones that want to include a sailing cruise in their holiday plan in the Greek islands.
you will spend 4 nights in 4 different islands of the Small Cyclades
the route is protected from the prevailing north winds during the summer and within an easy sailing distance for a short sailing cruise
unspoiled by the passage of the time, great food, beautiful beaches and walking routes are the highlights of the trip
don’t expect luxuries here nor will you find much in the way of shopping or nightlife (except perhaps on hippy-chic Koufonissia)
Islands hopping: Sailing the Small Cyclades islands, Paros –> Iraklia–> Sxoinousa –> Koufonisia –> Kalando(or Antiparos) –> Paros
Duration: 5 days
Dates you can go for this trip: May, June, mid-July, September, October
Max sailing time per day: 5 hours
Min sailing time per day: 1 hour
Average sailing time per day: 3.8 hours
Miles in total: 75
Sailboats you can pick: Beneteau40 sailboat(2 – 4 guests)
Day 1: Meet your skipper at the marina at 11:00 and board the sailboat. After the briefing concerning your trip, set sail around Paros for our first destination, Iraklia.
Paros – Iraklia 22nm (4.5 hours). Iraklia is another island of the “Small Cyclades” which is worth to be visited especially for those who want to experience tiny, quiet, cute and isolated places, representative of the Greek spirit. So after a short stop for swimming at Antikeros on our way from Amorgos to Iraklia, we will end up at the picturesque port of the island.
Here you can swim to the nearby beach, diving from the yacht and hiking around enjoying the pure nature. Dinner at Iraklia means fresh fishes and the local tavernas more hospitable than anywhere else are ready to fulfill your expectations.
Day 2: Iraklia – Koufonisi: (2 hours). Set sail from Iraklia to Koufonisi. Enjoy your trip in this protected area. The view is amazing during this short sailing trip. Koufonisi is further the most beautiful of the small Cyclades islands with many sandy beaches all around. Rent a bicycle and visit all of them. Dinner at “Captain Nicolas” place is out of any kind of negotiation as well as a frozen mojito at the windmill bar just above the marina.
Day 3: Koufonisi – Schoinousa:(1.5hours). After a short sailing trip, you will arrive in Schoinousa. Colors and fragrances of the Aegean in a small place on the map but great in our heart. An islet that you will love from the very first moment for its people, for its natural, tranquil rhythms, for its fantastic beaches.Ιn Schinoussa you will not come for luxurious accommodation and lively life, but to relax in mild rhythms and small sizes, to walk on quiet paths, to swim on tropical beaches
Day 4: The fourth day. You have two options. You can either visit Kalando(1h trip) or Antiparos(4h trip). Kalando is a special place. There is a safe port for the yacht but not a village. It’s an isolated area with a long sandy beach and many kilometers of trails by the seaside, ideal for hiking in the pure nature. For dinner, a primitive kiosk operated by a local shepherd offers BBQ only with local products. Don’t expect luxuries here. For sure it’s going to be your favorite place at the end.
On the other hand, the fourth day you may want to visit Antiparos isle instead of Kalando. After a relatively long sailing hop, you will arrive in Antiparos. Wandering around the small streets of the beautiful village, have dinner in one of the decades of restaurants and continue with a drink at one of the local bars. Nightlife here, especially in high season is a must for everyone.
Day 5: This is the last day of your trip. If you start from Kalando it will be a long sailing trip to Paros(5,5h). Of course, you will stop for lunch and the necessary swim on a protected bay. On the other hand, if you start from Antiparos the last sailing hop to Paros will be a short one(1h). We strongly recommend you before setting sail for our final destination, to visit the cave of Antiparos. Buses are operating just 100 meters away from the yacht. On your return on board, we will leave immediately for a nice anchorage on a small island north of Antiparos with crystal clear water. The afternoon has already come as well as the farewell time at Paros port.
Meet the islands
Iraklia In a few words: Iraklia is another tiny island with almost 100 islanders on it. Iraklia is part of the “Small Cyclades” which is worth to be visited especially for those who want to experience tiny, quiet, cute and isolated places, representative of the Greek spirit.
Location: Just opposite Schinoussa and south of Naxos
See : Very interesting is a cave at the south-west side of the island, the cave of Agios Georgios, but you have to walk for more than two hours from the port to visit it. The bay of Alimia at the south-west coast has a lovely beach and also a sunken battle plane from the second world war , visible from the surface.
Do : Here you can swim to the nearby beach, diving from the yacht and hiking around enjoying the pure nature.
Koufonisia In a few words: Koufonissia are actually two islands one close to the other, which are made the group of islands that called Small East Cyclades.
Location: They are located in the southeast of Naxos and at the west of the Amorgos island. In the same group belongs and the island Keros.
- if we translate exactly the word Koufonissi in English we get ”the deaf island. As soon as you take your first steps on the island you will sense that you are in a different dimension or that paradise really is here.
- you might also walk to Profitis Ilias, which affords an exquisite view to half the island and the surrounding islands.Keros was one of the center of the Cycladic culture (3000 -2000 b.c.), where excavations on the western end yielded priceless finds, including 100 marble figurines.
- swim at the excellent beaches with sparkling aquamarine waters .
- visit the cave of “To Mati Tou Diavolou” (Devils Eye), Gala, and the sea caves at Xylobatis.
- walk all around the islands, it’s the best way to explore the place via small footpaths. It’s also your only opportunity to forget your car and your watch…
Eat – drink: Captain Nicolas is the best taverna in the Cyclades and with our recommendations, you are going to experience the best hospitality.
Schoinoussa In a few words: Schinoussa is a place you will find peace of mind while the simplicity and kindness of the local people will make you feel like you become part of their lives.
Location: It lies south of the island of Naxos, in the Lesser Cyclades group, between the island communities of Irakleia and Koufonisia
See: The main village of Schinousa is Chora, also called Panagia, which is situated uphill from the port. It is not visible from the sea as it is hidden by the hill. This is the reason why pirates preferred this village and used to assemble here to plan their next raid. The village offers a spectacular view of the sea and surrounding areas. The road leading to Chora from the port is asphalted as opposed to other roads of the island that are basically small paths.
- discover the beauties of Schoinoussa on foot. Start from Mersini and follow a marvelous hiking path around the isle. The duration of hiking is almost 2 hours.
- There are plenty of beaches for visitors to swim. Once on the island, you can swim at Almyros, Lioliou, Tsigouri, Psili Ammos
- There is a church of “Panagia Akathi” in chora. The traditional church has a typical architecture of the Cyclades and an impressive blue dome. From Panagia Akathi you can have a great sunset viewing point
- try their local products. Rakomelo, fava and cheeses are a must.
- a coctail in sweet Bar Del , a great spot with view on nearyby islands. It will be unforgetable!!!
- fava festival at July
Read More: For more information check Schoinoussa at Wikipedia
Location: Very close to the west coast of Paros.
- The Antiparos cave where you can go by bus from the port.
- Despotiko island where there are a lot of archaeological see sights.
- swim at the wonderful beaches all around the island, especially in Agios Georgios beach.
- Visit the local festivals during summer.
- Many bars, cafe and clubs for nights that never be forgotten
Eat – Drink: Taste traditional specialties in any type of restaurant you wish.
Kalando is a special place. There is a safe port for the yacht but not a village. It’s an isolated area with a long sandy beach and many kilometers of trails by the seaside, ideal for hiking in the pure nature. For dinner, a primitive kiosk operated by a local shepherd offers BBQ only with local products. Don’t expect luxuries here. For sure it’s going to be your favorite place at the end. On the other hand, you want to visit the Antiparos isle. After a relatively long sailing hop, you will arrive in Antiparos. Wandering around the small streets of the beautiful village, have dinner in one of the decades of restaurants and continue with a drink at one of the local bars. Nightlife here, especially in high season is a must for everyone.
Paros in a few words: For most travelers at Cyclades islands, Paros is the most beautiful island of the area. Once you visit the island you fall in love with it and promise to come back again. Paros can satisfy the most demanding traveler. Gorgeous golden beaches all around the coast, traditional settlements, sports activities, nightlife for all interests are some of its characteristics.
Location: The location of the island in the center of Cyclades and near Naxos, Ios, Sifnos, Mykonos, Santorini, and Syros is ideal for private sailing excursions and trips around at the nearby islands and the connection with the mainland. That’s why Greek Water Yachts offer it’s crewed sailboat rental services in Greece from Paros.
- Panagia Ekatontapiliani in Parikia.
- Naousa (Greek: Νάουσα) is a village in the north eastern corner of the island.
- Lefkes village is in the middle of the island with many nice tavernas, and beautiful alleys.
- Visit as many beaches as you can, don’t stay in one every day.
- take a very nice walk at the old stones of the Byzantine Route down to Prodromos.
Eat – Drink:
Select a place you like and taste: Gouna fish, Local cheese ,Kapari ,Souma ,Ntakos ,Octapus
Alternatively, you can arrange with the crew of the sailing boat a Greek dish with local products
Make your introductory reservation request to Greek Water Yachts for your skippered Greek sailboat rental by filling out the contact – booking form. We will respond within 24-48 hours.